My parents just bought a vacation home down it St. George. So this past weekend all of us, minus Brooks and Analisha who were in Denver, headed down to help them move some stuff in. The house is really nice. Three bedrooms, two baths and a huge family room that connects to the kitchen. That was Hayden's favorite room cause he could just run around like a crazy man. It was really funny. And of course I forgot to take pictures of the house but oh well next time.
We had a lot of fun.
It was Hayden's first weekend getaway. I know sad since he is almost one and a half but we haven't had money or time to travel for a long time. He had fun minus the car ride. We headed down Friday after I got off work. Hayden slept for the first hour (he was out before we even made it to Payson). Then we got to enjoy Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for the remainder of the drive. The weather couldn't decide what it wanted to do. If it wanted to down pour or if it wanted to be sunny. The whole way down it kept switching back and forth. That night we didn't do much. We unload the trailer and then went and got some dinner. Amb and JT got stuck in some horrible traffic going 5 miles an hour so they didn't make it until around 9 o'clock that night. Shortly after they got there Hayden and I went to bad. Hayden because it was past his bedtime and me because I had been up since 3 am.
Hayden all ready to go!
The Rain
We thought these mountains looked pretty cool.
The next day was a lot of fun. I know Hayden had a blast. We went and visited Andrew's grandparents and Aunt Kaye in the morning. We haven't seen them since Hayden was blessed which was in February 2010. So it had been a long time. When we got back to the house we packed up again and headed to the park. The kids had a blast blowing/popping bubbles, playing baseball and soccer, and just playing on the playground. It wore them all out. We got back to the house had lunch and then it was nap/rest time.
Hayden was in his stroller and Kyson wanted to be just like him :)
Playing ball with Grandpa
Look at that hit!
Andrew showing Braiden how to use the bubble wand.
Mom and Amberly blowing bubbles for the kids to pop
Then we got to go swimming. The neighborhood that my parents live in has an indoor pool. It was so nice not to have to worry about getting burned. It was Hayden's first time swimming as well (I know we are horrible parents). He LOVED it! But of course I forgot the camera. I may have to steal some pictures from my sister Amberly. He loved splashing in the water especially with his cousin Kyson and playing with Daddy. That night my parents took us all out to dinner at Pirate Island Pizza. It was really good. Hayden got two tokens with his kids meal so he got to play wack a shark. He thought it was pretty fun. That night we were all pretty tired we had a full day.
We all headed home on Sunday morning. The bad news was Hayden had had enough of the car. The good and bad news he slept for an hour but he was out before we even got to the gas station to fill up. So he woke up a half an hour into the trip. He wasn't happy with anything we had for him. So at lunch we stopped and ate and let him play on a playground. We went to Burger King and they have ICEE's. Well I left mine on the grass while I ran to the bathroom. Hayden decided it looked good and as I was walking back he was bent down taking a nice long drink from it. It was really funny!
Before we even got to the gas station
Look how peaceful :)
In the end we made it home! Plus we didn't go nuts for our first major car adventure with a hyper little boy. It was a great weekend. I loved spending time with my family.
It was Hayden's first weekend getaway. I know sad since he is almost one and a half but we haven't had money or time to travel for a long time. He had fun minus the car ride. We headed down Friday after I got off work. Hayden slept for the first hour (he was out before we even made it to Payson). Then we got to enjoy Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for the remainder of the drive. The weather couldn't decide what it wanted to do. If it wanted to down pour or if it wanted to be sunny. The whole way down it kept switching back and forth. That night we didn't do much. We unload the trailer and then went and got some dinner. Amb and JT got stuck in some horrible traffic going 5 miles an hour so they didn't make it until around 9 o'clock that night. Shortly after they got there Hayden and I went to bad. Hayden because it was past his bedtime and me because I had been up since 3 am.
The next day was a lot of fun. I know Hayden had a blast. We went and visited Andrew's grandparents and Aunt Kaye in the morning. We haven't seen them since Hayden was blessed which was in February 2010. So it had been a long time. When we got back to the house we packed up again and headed to the park. The kids had a blast blowing/popping bubbles, playing baseball and soccer, and just playing on the playground. It wore them all out. We got back to the house had lunch and then it was nap/rest time.
Then we got to go swimming. The neighborhood that my parents live in has an indoor pool. It was so nice not to have to worry about getting burned. It was Hayden's first time swimming as well (I know we are horrible parents). He LOVED it! But of course I forgot the camera. I may have to steal some pictures from my sister Amberly. He loved splashing in the water especially with his cousin Kyson and playing with Daddy. That night my parents took us all out to dinner at Pirate Island Pizza. It was really good. Hayden got two tokens with his kids meal so he got to play wack a shark. He thought it was pretty fun. That night we were all pretty tired we had a full day.
We all headed home on Sunday morning. The bad news was Hayden had had enough of the car. The good and bad news he slept for an hour but he was out before we even got to the gas station to fill up. So he woke up a half an hour into the trip. He wasn't happy with anything we had for him. So at lunch we stopped and ate and let him play on a playground. We went to Burger King and they have ICEE's. Well I left mine on the grass while I ran to the bathroom. Hayden decided it looked good and as I was walking back he was bent down taking a nice long drink from it. It was really funny!
In the end we made it home! Plus we didn't go nuts for our first major car adventure with a hyper little boy. It was a great weekend. I loved spending time with my family.
2 comments:
Next time you are in St. George/Ivins, remember that an old friend lives down the street and would love to chill with the Peterson's.
Sierra Leifson/Madsen
Aww I love St. George. Red Rocks is an amazing scenery. I'm so jealous.
Post a Comment